The World Recreational Fishing Conference series is a forum through which to address fisheries issues specific to recreational fishing community. The 5th WRFC will provide a focused and dynamic agenda to address issues of importance today and the future. Leaders representing the sport fishing community from around the world will gather in an environment where they can get to know one another and exchange ideas on addressing real issues impacting the sport of fishing. The conference Proceedings will be peer reviewed and published.
The outcomes of the WRFC include:Better ideas and solutions for addressing challenges, and capitalizing on opportunities, that impact sport fishing and participation. For the scientific/management community, an opportunity to explore common environmental and social issues affecting sport fishing from a scientific view point in an atmosphere focused specifically on sport fishing.
Topics of Specific Interest include:
- Climate change: direct implications for anglers, sportfishing industry, and fisheries managers
- Inland and marine protected areas: successes, failures, processes and impacts on recreational fisheries
- Sustainable development of recreational fisheries
- Community expectations and perceptions: recreational fishing’s role in society
- Global partnerships in recreational fisheries
- Ecosystem based approach to recreational fisheries management
- Economic contribution of recreational fisheries to society
Who Should Participate?
- Recreational fisheries managers
- Companies depending on sportfishing for their business
- NGO’s wanting to increase interaction with the sportfishing community
- Fisheries scientists
- Highly motivated anglers involved with management of sport fisheries
Join the Distribution List!For up-to-date news and notification when registration is available. Sign-up now
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!Registration is limited to 280 Conference Attendees. Attendees are encouraged to register early as space will be limited!
Registration will be open Sunday Nov. 9th from 2pm - 6pm at the IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame & Museum.
5th World Recreational Fishing Conference/November 10-13, 2008/Hosted by IGFA