Its general fishing (Otherwise known as “I don’t care what I catch just as long as its big and tasty”) so we aim to cover all our bases and catch a variety of different species.
We run 15kg (30lb) Shimano TLD25 outfits on Excalibur roller tip rods with a 9ft double connected to a short leader. All minnows are rigged on a short single strand wire trace. The sample spread below should give you an idea of how we fish the inner lagoons and fringing reefs for anything and everything found there.
Sample “I don’t care” spread from our inshore sport fishing boat ‘Offensive Tackle’
1. Halco Sorcerer – Silver (mullet) , Target – Mackerel, Grouper, Red Bass
2. Halco Laser Pro 190 Crazy Deep – Silver (mullet)
1. Lurestreet Raptor – Green / Gold or Red / White, Target – Mackerel, Barracuda, Long Tom
1. Wellsys Micro Bullet – Red black / Pink, Target – Tuna, all Trevally
1. Pakula Uzi –
2. Abu Toby Spoon or other metal slug- Silver, Target - Queenfish
1. Halco Laser Pro 160 minnow – Redhead, Target – Mackerel, Tuna, all Trevally
3. Pakula Phantom – Blue Silver / Green Gold (Evil), Target – Sailfish.
3. Halco Roosta Popper – Redhead, Target – Large Great Barracuda & GTs
Mackerel – Narrow Barred (Spanish) Mackerel, Shark Mackerel, Double lined Mackerel
Trevally – Giant Trevally, Bluefin Trevally, Bigeye Trevally, Brassy Trevally, Golden Trevally
Barracuda – Great Barracuda, Chevron Barracuda, Bigeye Barracuda
Grouper – Coral Trout, Lyretail Grouper, Peacock Grouper, Rock Cod
Where we get our Inshore lures :